Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Cannon Project – Creating Proxy Geometry in Maya

 This week we are tasked to create a cannon in any style we chose. At first I wanted to do a Chinese styled cannon but after more research I like the look and detail of a late 1700s style of French cannon. Specifically a Royal French 24 - Pounder Heavy cannon. Here are some of the images I collected as reference for the size and shape of the cannon as well as some images of the environment that I will set the cannon in after I have finished the model. 
























I used  this schematic that Christian Rogge created off of older blueprints as a template for the general shape of my cannon. I will be adding more details to change the overall look of the cannon but this was a good way for me to know how the scale and relationship of the different parts of the cannon worked with each other. 
















Here are the images that Christian referenced in his blueprint: 






























































In Unreal: 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation