Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Common Art Week 02: Silhouettes

This week for common art we were focusing on Silhouettes. We were provided with a base model and Pureref reference image board to get us started off. The designs we would make were to prepare us for a later collaborative work where a team of us would be updated the classic arcade game Galaga. Whenever I think of Galaga's ships I automatically think about bugs and that is where I focused the majority of my inspiration for my ship designs. 

Here is the reference board we were provided with: 




Here are the images I pulled together for additional reference: 



First I pulled in the base model into a Maya scene and set myself a simple scale reference in order to maintain the general size of the ship to match closely with the original. 






After manipulating and adding some primitives to the model I was able to get the designs below:



Here are the ships in Maya, I am definitely interested in taking the simple shapes further into more fleshed out models in the future. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation