Monday, September 7, 2020

3D Art- Week 02 Minecraft

For this weeks assignment, we were tasked to create cubes and textures in the style of minecraft and then to create a scene in unreal. 

I chose a collection of images to pull inspiration from below prior to jumping into Maya or Unreal.



To start off we needed to create a cube in Maya and give it enough of a rounded beveled edge so that our minecraft style blocks would be easy to UV and texture.






Next I laid out the uv's before hopping over into Photoshop to add textures. 



Then I set up the test texture in Photoshop and then imported that into Maya to make sure that my layout was working properly. 




Now that my texture and layout were good, I moved forward and created 4 different blocks that I would be using in my Unreal scene. 




Once in unreal I set up the material that would be applied to the different blocks.



Here are the blocks once in the scene: 




I did a quick and simple layout in Maya and imported that into unreal, that way I had a bit more of an idea of where to place my blocks in the scene.





Here are some shots in engine: 





















After adjusting blocks and lighting here are my final results.





































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation