Thursday, September 3, 2020

Common Art Week 01: Sparth

This week for common art we were tasked to explore basic shapes in 3D to create a piece of 2D art inspired by the artist Sparth. 

I put together multiple references and decided on a few images that I wanted to recreate below. I liked the layout of the first image, the color palette from the second, and the ship design from the third.

    


                         

I started off with some cubes and rectangles, and set the ground plane in Maya.




I continued to add some more shapes and add some lighting. This would be the camera angle I chose to render out.



I added more details to the scene with a ship inspired from one of Sparth's designs.



I rendered out the Maya scene as a .png and imported the image into Photoshop and started on the line work first. 



After the line work was completed, I moved on to the base colors and then added more details to get a similar painting effect that Sparth uses in some of his concept work.



After adjusting some of the colors of the ship, this was the final version of the piece. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation