Sunday, April 4, 2021

Corpse Bride Sprint 06

 For this sprint I took the professors advice on adding dialogue to the scenes to guide the player and give some context of why Emily is upset with our player character. I recorded and edited my own voice and my fiancé's voice as Victor in after effects and then created audio cues and simple blueprints in unreal to get them to play in the level once on multiple delays. I also added some basic bar ambient sounds to fill the silence when there is no piano keys being pressed and the crows cawing in the forest levels. 















This blueprint was duplicated and then I replaced the audio cue for the different voice lines.

I also created the voice line "Hopscotch" to be added to the level transition when you interact with Emily's ring in the forest. Abi connected the audio cue to the existing blueprint. 


I also took another pass at the lighting in the scene, trying to match just one shot of the movie. It is still a work in progress, but we are getting closer to the film's darkness and accents colors. 


This is the scene we want to shoot for, for the lighting of the overall bar level. 
































Some other small changes that I made that was suggested  was to lengthen and widen the steps on the staircase and that has been reimported into the scene. 

I am still debating on how I will justify the green lighting in the scene, because of how it is displayed in the film. Parts of the bar lit up with the green accent lights seem like lighting in between the walls and the seating, or between wood paneling. I dont want to have to add more assets to the asset list to keep our workload manageable in the summer, so as always lighting will be worked on at each point in the production process as we move forward in the project. We are also planning to add a bit of dust to the scene but very minimally to keep the scene still clear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation