Monday, April 5, 2021

Interior Ship: Chandelier Proxy

 For this week, we needed to take a portion of the level that we were assigned and take a proxy that was provided to us and edit that in a way to prep it for the Orb style. I was assigned the chandelier and decided to change the shape a bit to give it more bevels and some metal and rope accents down the center. I also rounded out the candle holders that hang on the ends of the wood beams. I plan on doing one side and sculpting on that piece and then duplicating that around for textures and baking. I also plan on doing an ornate sculpt of some sea scenery on the flat sides of the beams to reflect David's squid sculpt on his trim sheets. 


Here are some of the images I looked at for shape and eventually for material references: 




















Side by side with original proxy: 



































Wire frame of single side:


and here is a view of the chandelier with the sections duplicated across to match the original proxy provided: 


In the flat sections of the beams I want to do an ornate carving of an octopus and pirate ship, and for the candles I want to sculpt different levels of melting wax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation