Monday, April 19, 2021

Module 4 - Environment: Ship Interior Part 02

 For this week we needed to finish the high res sculpt of our assigned asset. For the chandelier I wanted something a little more exciting than what I initially had so I redid a bit of the original proxy and pushed for cleaner geometry.


I decided that since we have the nautical theme and the some of the environment team members were going to incorporate some marine life to their sculpts I wanted to include a metal jellyfish as the cage for my lantern / candle that will hang off of the wooden chandelier in the ship. 


Here is the geometry I sent over to Zbrush. I still have some clean up to do to get the poly count down but this base gives me a better idea of what the overall shape of the game res will look like.















I started off with a base layer of wood grain for the overall chandelier, and then created two alphas from images I found to add some more carved decals on top of the initial grain of the wood. After importing them i then smoothed out the alphas and added some extra detail cuts with the Orb brush set: 




Then here is my current high res rendered in Zbrush: 











since the chandelier will be symmetrical I only have to do one section and either duplicate it in maya  or unreal to save time and have an easier time baking once this is transferred into Substance Painter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation