Monday, April 26, 2021

Module 4 Part 3: Game Res and First Bake

 For  this section of the module we needed to complete our game res and get our first bakes of our high res. In order to get some variation in the model and not have the same sculpt information repeated four times, I did two variants of the main beam so that you see different information on the largest part of the model while you are in VR and I laid out the UVs all separately so that I can give the wood variations in color. 



I ran into an issue when baking that eventually I solved. My bakes were not appearing in any program and after hours of trouble shooting the solution was that my uv's were on the wrong uv space. Once I moved the uvs back into the 0 to 1 space my model bakes fine and I was able to import all of my maps from Marmoset into substance to get the bakes below:


























And here are the uvs laid out: 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation