Sunday, July 18, 2021

Project 3 Week 01: Schedule and Proxy Start

 For the final project for the summer I decided on a concept art by Gareth Davies of a robot walker. This project will definitely require more proxying and thought because there is only one one view and the concept has some conflicting structures. I plan on completing the robot in maya and the base that the robot will sit on will be  simple desert scene proxied in oculus Medium and finished up in zbrush. 


Here is the original concept:






















I did a very simple sketch for what I would do for the top / front views but I want to take this week to flesh out in more detail what all of the center torso is made up of as well as the two guns that protrude from the front of the walker look like. 





















I collected a few references for how mechanical parts fit together and how I could incorporate them into this concept:











My schedule will require more time for the proxying process so I am taking two weeks for proxy / layout and game res, one for high res edits and then the final week for texturing and presentation. 


Here is my progress so far: 

















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Project 03: Week 04 Final Presentation